Alton Lane

While in NYC my friend from High School, Peyton Jenkins invited me to come visit his store near Madison Square, Alton Lane.    After graduating from UVA, Peyton enjoyed careers in teaching and fiance before discovering his true passion-Menswear.   In 2008, Peyton decided to quit his job, move to Thailand, and make his dream a reality.   I really admire his work ethic, perseverance, and thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him in NYC and learning about his business. 


Alton Lane uses technology to custom create the perfect fit for their clients.  Each outfit is specially designed after the customer receives a body scan.  The body scan Alton Lane utilizes for their precise measurements works with 100% white light technology.  Peyton walked us through the process and noted he can even tell if a customer has had an old sports injury and can fit the shirt to that part of the body.  It was fascinating!  "Alton Lane has had customers on five continents, including members of the New York Yankees" and is only growing.  This fall in October they will open another store in D.C.

The Body Scanner

Here is Peyton walking us through the 3-D program.


I absolutely loved the decor of the store.  Alton Lane takes customers by appointment only and when you walk in has such a comfortable feel! 





The antler chandelier reminded me so much of being in Jackson Hole, which is one of my favorite places! 
    

  Of course Carole and I could not leave without a few purchases.

Peyton had some fabulous ideas for my line and we chatted for 2 hours about what direction to take Designs By Kara Kihm.   There is no one better to learn from than someone who has actually done it and made their dreams a reality!  I can not thank Peyton enough for his support and words of encouragement as I try figure out the next best steps for my line.

No comments:

Post a Comment