Garden And Gun December Issue

Garden and Gun's December Issue is one of my favorites yet.  They announced the winners for the Made In The South Awards, which I actually entered and as they put it........

"This year's winners prove that the best things made are made in Dixie."


Made in the South Awards  
Although I did not win, I was beyond thrilled to see that our dear friend's at Ledbury were the runners up in Fashion.  How could I be sad about that.  Paul and Paul have done an amazing job with their line and we are so lucky to have Ledury in our backyard.  Truly the new store is incredible!


Ledbury; Richmond, VA

Under the tutelage of London’s premier shirtmakers, the duo behind the Richmond-based shirting company Ledbury acquired an eye for artisan talent. So it’s no surprise that when CEO and designer Paul Trible discovered Wiley Brothers belts through friends, their collaboration led to the first items in Ledbury’s new Commonwealth Collection. Each belt is made with English bridle leather and white bronze buckles. The collection of Virginia-made accessories will eventually include everything from cuff links to garment bags. $155; ledbury.com


G&G  also had Amazing article on my home town of Richmond! The article by Dean King can be found on page 80 under City Portraits and is titled "Back Home in Richmond; A New Currant Is Rising In the Capital Of The Old South.

State Capitol
Richmond once the Capital of the Confederacy is routed in Tradition and has some of the most beautiful architecture I have ever seen.  I was disappointed to find that this article is not online, but if you subscribe to G&G you must read it!  I am proud to Claim Richmond as my Home.

The Jefferson Lobby
Monument Avenue 
Finally, I absolutely Loved the Article "Licked To Death By a Pit Bull."


Anyone who has ever met Leonard, certainly knows why I LOVED this Article!

Great Edition!  It was a JOY to read!

1 comment:

  1. I loved December's issue! And I totally miss Richmond. Especially the three years I lived on Monument Avenue. I loved looking out my window every day and seeing Jeff (I lived at the corner of Monument and Robinson). Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete