The Fair

I designed this dress for my 30th birthday.  It's a cotton pique wrap dress in pink and white; perfect for spring and summer. I wanted something sophisticated yet fun and flirty for the big occasion. It's named "Fair" because that is my family nickname. The dress also comes in navy with a white ruffle trim and blue and white seersucker with a white ruffle trim.  

This dress was inspired by all the things that I love.  The pink version is perfect for a birthday girl who is turning 30.  When I saw the pink fabric I thought of some of my favorites things such as star gazer lilies, pedicures with any color of pink polish, my pink running shoes, the assortment of pink I have collected in my wardrobe, and pink elephants, the symbol of the restaurant my grandfather owned in Cleveland Ohio, The Pink Elephant.  It would also be the perfect dress for a shower-bridal or baby, horse race, luncheon, walk through the park or girls day out!  Its versatile style makes it a classic.

The Navy version with a white ruffle was inspired by my love of the water!  I grew up going to the beach to stay on our family boat and to visit Smith Mountain lake to stay with my grandparents so I have always had a love for anything with a nautical theme.  I think the Navy version would look great with red accents.  These dresses would be perfect at a family BBQ at the lake or for a peaceful stroll down the beach.  I got married on an island in South Carolina and would even have had these dresses as bridesmaid dresses.  Anytime I am at the beach or on the river my heart is happy :)

These pictures are of the sample dress I had made. 
Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment